Guide to root Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 – Redmi Note 3 is the latest addition to Note series by Xiaomi. The device is successor to Xiaomi Redmi Note 2 and comes with a metal body and a fingerprint sensor mounted on the back. Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 comes with a 5.5-inch display screen and hides a powerfulMediaTek Helio X10 64-bit processor beneath it. There are two storage options in the Redmi Note 3 one with 16 GB and 2 GB RAM and other one is the 32 GB storage variant with 3 GB RAM. As you know that the hardware which is present in Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 is powerful, you might be thinking why you shouldroot Xiaomi Redmi Note 3. To put this question at rest you can check the advantages of rooting.
Just like other mobile phones, Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 also comes with excessive bloatware. The MIUI user interface which you are going to get in this device is great however it consumes double the amount of RAM as compared to AOSP. If you are planning to use any custom roms for Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 you have to root Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 and install TWRP recovery on it. Follow the steps shared below which will help you to install TWRP recovery on Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 and get root access on the device.
Before we share the steps to root Xiaomi Redmi Note 3, few things should be fulfilled. We have mentioned these things below.
- USB drivers of Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 should be installed on your computer.
- Enable USB debugging on your smartphone. You can follow this post as it will help you to Enable USB Debugging on Android.
- The data which is present on your phone will get erased. Follow the methods shared below to create backup of Xiaomi Redmi Note 3.
- Your device should have at least 80% of battery present in it.
- Minimal ADB and Fastboot tools should be installed on your computer. Follow the easy guide to download and install Minimal ADB and Fastboot Tools.
- Download Rooting software for Xiaomi Redmi Note 3.
- Download USB drivers.
- Download TWRP recovery.
How to Root Xiaomi Redmi Note 3
Once you have fulfilled all the pre requisites you are ready to root Xiaomi Redmi Note 3. Following the steps shared below will grant you root access on your device.
- Download and install the rooting software on your Windows computer.
- Once the software is installed, connect your mobile phone with your PC using a USB cable.
- After that you have to click on the big Root button as shown in the image below. Rooting process will start on Xiaomi Redmi note 3.
- Wait for the process to complete and you will see Success message with a tick mark when you have received rooting access on your mobile.
As you have successfully rooted Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 you can now install TWRP recovery on the device.
How to install TWRP recovery on Xiaomi Redmi Note 3
- Copy the TWRP recovery in the folder where Minimal ADB and Fastboot tools are installed. The folder you are looking for is present in C drive of your computer and is available under Program Files. Make sure the name of recovery file is twrp.img.
- Once you have pasted the TWRP recovery file, press and hold Shift Key and click right mouse buttonto open a menu on your screen. Select Open Command window here from the menu which appears and follow the command mentioned below to see if your device is connected in adb mode.
- Next you have to execute the next command which will put your device in bootloader mode.
adb reboot bootloader
- Once your smartphone has entered bootloader menu, enter the last command which will flash TWRP recovery.
fastboot flash recovery twrp.img
TWRP recovery will be flashed on Xiaomi Redmi Note 3. If you want to enter recovery menu on Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 you can turn off your smartphone and turn it back on by pressing combination of Power + Volume Down buttons.
As now you have now root Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 and have also flashed TWRP recovery you are ready to install custom roms on your smartphone.