Guide to root Samsung Galaxy Note 5 N920T – The Galaxy Note 5 by Samsung is one of the best smartphones from the Galaxy Note series. Samsung Galaxy Note 5 comes with a big 5.7-inch display screen which delivers resolution of 1440 X 2560 pixels. The upgrade to Galaxy Note 4 comes with powerful hardware along with beautiful design. Coming to the hardware of the Samsung Galaxy Note 5, you are going to get a 2.1 ghz quad core processor and 4 GB of RAM. This hardware specification of Galaxy Note 5 will run all the android games and apps easily. To get full privileges of Samsung Galaxy Note 5, you have to root the device. It is very easy to root Samsung Galaxy Note 5 N920T and today we will tell you how.
Before we tell you how to root Samsung Galaxy Note 5 N920T, you have to fulfill a few things. We have mentioned all these things below.
Disclaimer: We at Rooting Tutorials are not responsible if any damage happens to your device. Your Android device might get bricked, SD cards might get corrupted or damaged during the flashing process. You are following this tutorial at your own risk.
- Your smartphone should have more than 80% battery backup on it.
- Create backup of all the data present in your device. Follow the easy guide to create backup of Samsung Galaxy Note 5.
Create backup of contacts, SMS and apps using Titanium Backup
Create backup of all apps on Android apps (No Root required)
Create backup of SMS of Android device
- You need to enable USB Debugging on your smartphone. Go to Settings > About Phone. Tap Build Number 8 times and you will get Developer access. Now return to Developer Options and enableUSB Debugging.
- This guide will only work on Samsung Galaxy Note 5 N920T. Check model number of your mobile by going to Settings > About Phone.
- Enable OEM Unlocking by going to Developer Options > Enable OEM Unlocking.
- Make sure Samsung USB Drivers are installed on your computer.
- Download Samsung USB Drivers from here.
- Download Odin from here.
- Download TWRP Recovery from here.
- Download Kernel for Samsung Galaxy Note 5.
- Download SuperSU for Samsung Galaxy Note 5.
How to root Samsung Galaxy Note 5 N920T
Follow the step by step guide shared below which will help you to root Samsung Galaxy Note 5 N920T.
- Open Odin on your computer. Make sure that you have opened the software using the administrator privileges.
- Now you need to enter download mode on Samsung Galaxy Note 5. Switch off your smartphone and turn it on by pressing combination of Power + Home + Volume Down buttons. You will see a warning screen on your smartphone. Press the Volume Up button and you will enter download mode of your device.
- Using a USB cable connect the smartphone with your PC. Return to Odin software and click on the APNow you have to add the Kernel file which goes with name Noble_Kernel_Auto-Root_N920T_v0.1_Rebuid3.tar.md5
- You will your screen like in the image below. Once you are sure your screen is same as the one below, click on the Start Kernel will be flashed on your smartphone and once it is flashed, your Samsung Galaxy Note 5 will reboot.
Flashing TWRP Recovery
- After flashing the Kernel you are required to flash TWRP recovery on Samsung Galaxy Note 5. For flashing the recovery you have to enter in Download mode again. For entering download mode you can repeat step 2.
- Now Odin again on your computer and click on the AP This time you have to select the TWRP file which goes by name twrp-220.127.116.11-noblelte.img.tar
- Click on Start button to flash TWRP recovery on Samsung Galaxy Note 5.
- Now you are just left off with flashing the SuperSU file. For this you have to turn on your smartphone and connect it with your computer. Copy the SuperSU file in the internal storage of your smartphone. Once the file is copied, you have to enter Recovery mode.
- To enter Recovery mode on Samsung Galaxy Note 5, you need to power down your device and turn it back on by pressing Volume Up + Power + Home buttons.
- Once you have entered recovery, tap on the Install button and then browser the SuperSU file which you copied. You need to search file with name BETA-SuperSU-v2.49.zip.
- Swipe to confirm flash the SuperSU file on your smartphone. Once SuperSU is flashed, return to the Recovery menu and select the Reboot Your device will reboot.
Once your smartphone reboots, it will have root access on it. This is the easiest way to root Samsung Galaxy Note 5 N920T.
also you might be interested in theses articles