Root Samsung Galaxy S6 SM-G9200 – One of the best smartphones which is ever launched by Samsung is the Galaxy S6. Galaxy S6 is the sixth android smartphone from the Galaxy series which is launched by Samsung. Samsung Galaxy S6 comes with powerful 2.1 Ghz octa core processor and 3 GB of RAM. The device sports a 5.1-inch Super AMOLED display which delivers resolution of 1440 X 2560 pixels. Samsung galaxy S6 comes with Android Lollipop v5.0.2 operating system. If you want to install android marshmallow or any custom rom then you have to root Samsung Galaxy S6 SM-G9200.
The CF-Auto Root package is available for Samsung Galaxy S6 which will help you in getting root access on your smartphone. Follow the guide shared below which will help you to root Samsung Galaxy S6 SM-G9200 smartphone.
Disclaimer: We at Shoutingtech are not responsible if any damage happens to your device. Your Android device might get bricked, SD cards might get corrupted or damaged during the flashing process. You are following this tutorial at your own risk.
There are a few things which need to be followed before we tell you how to get root access. We have mentioned these things below.
- This method will only work on Samsung Galaxy S6 SM-G9200 smartphone. Check the model number of your device by going to Settings > About Phone.
- Make sure that the operating system which is running on your smartphone is Android Lollipop v5.0.2. Check OS version by going to Settings > About Phone.
- Your device should have at least 70% of battery in it.
- Make sure that Samsung USB Drivers are installed on your computer.
- Download Odin v3.07 from here.
- Download CF-Auto Root for Samsung Galaxy S6 SM-G9200 from here.
- Download Samsung USB drivers from here.
How to root Samsung Galaxy S6 SM-G9200
Follow the step by step guide shared below to get root access on Samsung Galaxy S6.
- Extract Odin and CF Auto Root and place them in a folder on your desktop.
- Now you have to switch off your Samsung Galaxy S6. Once your device is switched off, you have to turn it on in Download Mode. To enter download mode of Samsung Galaxy S6, press combination ofVolume Down + Home + Power
- Once you are entered Download mode, you will see Warning sign. Use the Volume Up button on your mobile phone in order to continue.
- Now you have to open Odin on your computer. Once the software is opened, connect your Samsung Galaxy S6 with your computer using a USB cable.
- Once you have connected your device, wait for some time for Odin to detect the device. Once your Galaxy S6 smartphone is detected, you will see Added written in the Message section. This means that your Samsung Galaxy S6 is detected by Odin.
- Now you have to click on PDA button and select the CF-Auto Root.tar file which you downloaded earlier.
- Click on Start button to start flashing process on your smartphone.
- It will take around a minute to complete the rooting process on your device. Your mobile phone might reboot a couple of times which is fine. Once rooting process is complete and successful, you will seePASS message on Odin. This means that you have rooted your Samsung Galaxy S6 smartphone. You can now disconnect your device.
This is how you can root Samsung Galaxy S6 SM-G9200 smartphone using Odin. If you are having any doubts or questions you can ask us using comments section below. You can also get in touch with us using our Facebook Page.