How to unblock bootloader of OnePlus X – OnePlus X is the third android smartphone which is launched by OnePlus. This is the first 5.0-inch smartphone which is launched by the company followed byOnePlus One and OnePlus 2. OnePlus X comes with good specifications and Oxygen OS which is a software based on the Android Lollipop. Under the hood of the smartphone you will get a 2.3 Ghz quad core processor and 3 GB RAM. With this hardware specification of the smartphone you will be able to perform all the operations on your smartphone.
If you are planning to root OnePlus X you have to unlock bootloader of OnePlus X initially. Once you have unlocked the bootloader you can easily start the process to gain root access on your smartphone. Today in this post, we are going to show you the easiest method to unlock bootloader of OnePlus X.
Disclaimer: We at Rooting Tutorials are not responsible if any damage happens to your device. Your Android device might get bricked, SD cards might get corrupted or damaged during the flashing process. You are following this tutorial at your own risk.
Before we share the guide which will help you to unlock bootloader of OnePlus X, a few things are needed to be kept in mind. We have mentioned these things below.
- Your Android device should have more than 80% of battery in it.
- Unlocking the bootloader might wipe off data from your smartphone. Follow the guides to create backup of OnePlus X.
Create backup of contacts, SMS and apps using Titanium Backup
Create backup of all apps on Android apps (No Root required)
Create backup of SMS of Android device
- Enable USB debugging on the smartphone by going to Settings > Developer Options > Enable USB debugging. While you are in developer options also enable Bootloader unlocking.
- Installation of Minimal ADB and Fastboot tools is required. Follow the easy guide to download andinstall Minimal ADB and Fastboot tools on your computer.
- Install USB drivers of OnePlus X on your computer. We have shared the link to download the USB drivers below.
How to unlock bootloader of OnePlus X
Once you have fulfilled all the pre requisites, you are ready to initiate the process to unlock bootloader of OnePlus X.
- Open the folder where Minimal ADB and Fastboot tools are installed. The folder is usually present in Program files under the C: Once you have entered in the folder open the command prompt by holdingShift key and pressing right mouse button. Select Open command window here from the options displayed.
- Next up is connecting your OnePlus X in Fastboot mode with your computer. To enter Fastboot mode switch off your device and hold the Volume Up and power buttons Once you have entered Fastboot mode connect your smartphone with your PC using a USB cable.
- Now in the command window enter the command below which will show you if your device is connected in Fastboot mode or not.
- Once your device is displayed in the window, enter the next command which will unlock OnePlus X. Remember that all the data which is present in your device will get erased once bootloader is unlocked.
fastboot oem unlock
- Within a minute bootloader of your smartphone will get unlocked. Reboot your device by entering the command below.
That’s it! This is how you can easily unlock bootloader of OnePlus X. Now as you have unlocked the bootloader of your smartphone you can begin the process to root OnePlus X. If you are having any doubts or questions you can ask us using comments section below.