Cyanogenmod 12.1 for Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 – Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 has finally received root access and a lot of best custom roms for Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 have lined up. If you have rooted your smartphone you are open to installing different custom roms on the mobile phone. There are a lot of best custom Rom for Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 and one of the best which will provide you stock android user experience is Cyanogenmod 12.1. A few days ago we shared the guide to install Cyanogenmod 13 on Redmi Note 3 and today, we are going to tell you how you can download Cyanogenmod 12.1 for Xiaomi Redmi Note 3.
The initial WIP of the Rom is available for this mobile phone which comes with few bugs but works good overall. You can install the custom Rom and get near to stock android experience. Before we tell you how to install Cyanogenmod 12.1 on Xiaomi Redmi Note 3, we suggest you to have a look below and find out what is working on this device and what isn’t.
Disclaimer: We at Rooting Tutorials are not responsible if any damage happens to your device. Your Android device might get bricked, SD cards might get corrupted or damaged during the flashing process. You are following this tutorial at your own risk.
What is working?
- Other Stuff
What is not working?
- Fingerprint sensor
- Other misc stuff
If you don’t use fingerprint sensor a lot and can live without it on your mobile phone then you can follow the guide below and find out how to install Cyanogenmod 12.1 on Xiaomi Redmi Note 3.
A few things are needed to be followed before we share the link to download Cyanogenmod 12.1 for Xiaomi Redmi Note 3. We have shared these things below.
- Your mobile phone should have more than 80% of battery in it.
- Take backup of all the important data which is present on your device. You can follow different methods shared below to create backup of your mobile phone.
Create backup of all apps on Android apps (No Root required)
- Root access is needed on the device. Follow the guide to root Xiaomi Redmi Note 3.
- Bootloader of your smartphone needs to be unlocked.
- TWRP Recovery should be installed on your mobile phone.
How to install Cyanogenmod 12.1 for Xiaomi Redmi Note 3
Once you have download Cyanogenmod 12.1 for Xiaomi Redmi Note 3, you can follow the guide below to install Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 custom ROM’s.
- Connect your mobile phone with your computer and copy the ROM file in internal storage of your smartphone.
- Once you have copied ROM file, turn off your smartphone and enter recovery mode. To enter recovery menu you have to press Volume Down + Power buttons.
- Once you have entered recovery menu, tap on Wipe option which will wipe all the data which is present on your mobile phone. It is very important to wipe the data as if you don’t do this your phone might get damaged.
- After wiping is complete you can begin the process to flash Note 3 custom rom. Go back to recovery menu and tap on Install Now you have to browse the ROM file and once you have located it, tap on it.
- Now swipe in order to confirm flashing the ROM file. Cyanogenmod 12.1 will be flashed on your mobile phone.
- Next you have to choose the Reboot option and then tap on Reboot to system.
Your smartphone will reboot and you will see welcome window on your Xiaomi Note 3. Complete the setup process and your phone will boot up. This is how you can install Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 custom ROM’s.